Discuss main protective water bond?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

goldie

Hi.
Jst on with a rewire at the mo. Did main incoming service bonds and now found that next doors water stop tap is in the cellar with about 3 meters of copper pipe in the property. U think this should be treated as a main protective bond? A supplementary bond? Or none at all?
Thanks

do a continiuty test from your bond to the next door's pipe. if it's a good low reading, then it's bonded.

Yes will do. but do you think the rule of bonding within 600 mm of the stop tap applys as it is still a main incoming service? but on the other hand it isnt the main incoming service of my job. Hmmmm?

Ok thanks again i shall cross bond it if it shows less than 23k ohms.
Could this have any effects on my install if a fault was to occur next door and all extraneous parts became live assuming that next doors wiring is not up to scratch etc?

you'd get that anyway through the common supply water pipe if it's all metal.

Reply to main protective water bond?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

No waffling, going to get straight to the point. Main water on the exterior of the building in plastic. Changes to copper inside the building...
Replies
Views
Greetings, I am homeowner and looking to confirm if I will need earth boding to water pipes. There is already earth boding near Gas meter and the...
Replies
Views
Not sure on this one. Mains water is coming up from the ground in lead pipe in bathroom. 2 inches of copper pipe before the stop tap. All...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Just a quick question. Does a main protective bonding conductor require UV protection when run outside? I am under the impression that...
Replies
Views
Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock