• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
  • If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Maintenance electrician required to work nights in Central London. £35-40K pa. Permenant F/T role in the Electrical Work Up For Grabs |Electrical Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
The successful candidate will work in a large Grade ll listed government building in Westminster. Responsible for the PPM of the building especially emergency lights.

The candidate will be working as part of a wider engineering team and so there may be a requirement for them to pick up other tasks that may not be specifically related to electrical systems.

Qualifications or Required Experience:

• Proven previous experience of planned preventative and reactive maintenance of electrical infrastructure systems (single and three phase).

• 17th Edition Test & Inspection

• City & Guilds or NVQ Equivalent

• Knowledge and experience of building services, with an electrical bias

• Be flexible and reliable

• Ability to act on own initiative

• Full Clean Driving licence

• Ability to work with different people

• Be practical and demonstrate good common sense

• Currently have CTC clearance/be able to gain CTC clearance if not currently possessed

Mon- Fri 10pm to 6.30am
£35-40K pa
20 days hol plus stats

Get in touch if interested.

I dont set the salaries guys, I can only tell you what they are offering. I will however give your feedback to the clients.

35k is the lowest salary band, it is up to 40k. Also this isn' contract work it's a perm role if you guys are comparing to contract fees then of course it won't match hourly. 40k isn't bad including he pension, holidays and security that comes with it. I think you're being hasty to criticise here.

40k isn't bad for working nights in London, it's bloody awful. We'e not being hasty to criticise, we worked hard to get to where we are and wouldn't sell ourselves short for that sort of money doing unsociable hours in London where that money wouldn't go very far

I work maintenance, get paid more than that for days monday to friday, with 28 days holiday, 15% pension, tools, clothing, vehicle phone and IT. Pretty much costs me nothing to go to work each day apart from food (tea and coffee are also included). That's average for the midlands, or staying in bed money for central London.

Reply to Maintenance electrician required to work nights in Central London. £35-40K pa. Permenant F/T role in the Electrical Work Up For Grabs |Electrical Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back