Discuss Makita Li-Ion 18v cordless angle grinder in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

belting tool, but with a lot of use the batteries will not last very long. make sure it comes with 2.

Got one, love it especially for tray!!, but as tel says if your using it a lot like I do you need 3 batts and 2 chargers, on heavy load it can run a battery down in about 5 mins of constant use!. But I never use my 110v grinder now as it's too much hassle!!

yep agree with the above. Great tool.
However my faith in makita has taken a hit after my <1 year old battery has packed in. Sending it back Monday. Seems a common thing apparently so try to get 2.

But it is a great tool.

Thanks for making my decision even more easier, i was just looking to buy the bare unit as i already have the combi drill with two batteries but from the sounds of it i may invest in another battery as it will be in constant use. Just another question have any of you three got the cordless sds? And if so what are your thoughts on this product?

Thanks for making my decision even more easier, i was just looking to buy the bare unit as i already have the combi drill with two batteries but from the sounds of it i may invest in another battery as it will be in constant use. Just another question have any of you three got the cordless sds? And if so what are your thoughts on this product?

i've got the older makita 24V sds with mH batteries. brilliant but heavy if up a ladder.

Makita 24v Cordless SDS Hammer Drill Chisel 3 Mode/Function | eBay

I have quite a few Makita 18V tools, including the angle grinder and the BHR241 SDS drill. Very pleased with them all, although I'm considering one of the latest SDS drills with dust extraction attachment for small fixing holes indoors, especially domestic.

I've had two failures: the multitool at just over a year old after an exceptional session of hard use (attempting to cut a pair of brass bath taps off) and one battery. I sent them back together and they were both replaced for new by Makita via my local tool shop.

I have the impact driver, jigsaw, drill, recipricating saw, angle grinder, circular saw. Have used them for years daily. All work fantastic but circular saw had a tendency to overheat and cause fault on battery. I use 110 for circular saw and 110 for angle grinder if used loads. The grinder is a good tool if used for short periods.

I have a Dewalt XR grinder. It's the best things I've bought for years. Cuts through tray, conduit, uni strut etc The 3Ah packs last well too.

They work best with the 1mm skinny stainless steel cutting disks.

Reply to Makita Li-Ion 18v cordless angle grinder in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net