Discuss Megger and other items stolen last night/this morning in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

newsparkykris

Morning all,

The theives are at it again. I've had my MF1552 Megger stolen along with my digital clamp meter, Ryobi drill and a tool box with little more than junk in it. Could be more, still sorting through stuff. I recon they were on foot, hence they didn't take more. I'm still undecided if they knew what they were taking.

I'm off to the second handies to see if it's been flogged. If anyone in the north east is offered a a Megger for cheap can you please please please check the serial number? Mine was 61117540906090394 and give me a shout if it turns up?

I make next to nowt anyway so can't afford to wait for the insurance to cough up! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks

Kris

Yeah, tell me about it! Was just about to send it away for recallobration...! Suppose they've saved me a job

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

might be a long shot, spk t insurance and make sure u are covered, then contact meggar........tell them ur situation, if the insurance company replace like for like then meggar may be able to sort u out? who knows, but their customer service is second to none in my eyes.............they may go that extra mile?

worth a try?

:)

Sorry to hear another story about the scum.

I have a cupboard next to my front door, of which, I now put any tools of significant value in every evening.

Have been thinking of getting a large role along but if one was big enough it would then be too heavy.

Might get one of:
Yeoman Folding Sack Truck/Hand Trolley

Just load all your tool boxes roll into cupboard, garage, safe holding until morn then wheel back out to van. It'll take about 3 mins and your tools are safe.

Another option is the Lock and stock.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone.

I have found that although they took the drill, the idiots didn't take the batteries or chargers so it's gonna be pretty worthless to them which kind makes me feel better! Kinda confirms that it was a quick grab and dash thing. Anyway new Megger on it's way so will hopefully be smiling again by Monday.

Have a good weekend all
:)

Reply to Megger and other items stolen last night/this morning in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock