Discuss merger 1730 help, zs, ze, pfc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N6rul

-
Reaction score
Hello guys, just bought a merger 1730, I'm a bit confused on what range to put the turning knobs, for the ze, zs, and pfc. As I'm used to the fluke mft, I bought this as my first MFT, as advised on the forum. But it has so many functions????? Please can someone help. Thank you.

Re: ebay

I bought it from eBay. No instructions. Just wanted to know for the zs would it be the high current or low current setting.

Depends whether you have an RCD protecting the circuit. If no RCD, you'll get a faster and more accurate result with the high current test.

Perhaps Megger have been through a Merger and changed their name?

noun an act of merging two things, especially companies, into one. Law the merging of one estate or title in another.
ORIGIN
C18: from Anglo-Norman French merger (verb used as noun): see merge.

Ze(L to E) -Knob 1 L-E, knob 2 Z or Zmax if you want the tester to remember your highest reading. Plug the test leads in + red and - green in the tester. PEFC is displayed at the same time.

Ze(L to L or L to N) -Knob 1 L-L/L-N, knob 2- Z,test leads plug in - red and blue on tester.PSCC will show at the same time.

PFC ( choose highest of two)- from tests above.

Zs - use 3 leads or the special lead with plug on the end(should be supplied), plug cables into apropriate holes in the tester and plug the plug in the socket or test at apropriate terminals...

Regards: Al

Last edited:

Reply to merger 1730 help, zs, ze, pfc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi - just after thoughts on this please. I've been doing some testing on a 20 year old MCC. On the original EIC, Ze was reported as 0.04 R, PFC...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Happy Friday! Could someone please point me in the right direction, I’m after the Max Zs for a Bill Talisman TLF633 63A MCCB, I’ve...
Replies
Views
Firstly, please go easy as I'm still a trainee! Working on my L3 2365 I'm having trouble understanding the rationale behind adiabatics...
Replies
Views
HI, I bought the TIS MFT PRO from CEF, nice touchscreen etc, so in the future I could add on the EV dongle and have a fancy case and tester etc...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock