Discuss Met UK review in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hawkal

EDIT: whoops wrong area if someone could move this post to the feedback section I would be grateful.

So here is my honest review of Met UK.

As you can imagine when they are trying to turn you into a customer they are all sweets and roses with how good it is. There are some good points, the trainers are good although sometimes they seem to talk in riddles that seems to contradict something they've already said previously.

Regardless of this the trainers are well experienced and nice people. I chosen the training company because the training was classroom based and I believed that this was the best way to train because it means you are able to immerse yourself into the training.

The course is broken up into 4 weeks initial training 4 weeks with an electrical company for real world experience and 2 weeks to finish off with the final training and exams.

Their centres are well equipped with all the tools and training equipment you would need.

When I started training I was one of two people at their new training centre in Corby. I knew from the very beginning that it wouldn't play out well because they had not settled into a training rhythm.

Just as I had suspected things had been forgotten and it gets worse.

So I was nearing the end of my work placement when I got a call from my contact with Met UK saying that they want to put me and the other person in with another group. I was not keen on the idea because it meant going through the 4 week initial training again but they said that they would pay for my accommodation for 2 weeks and I didn't know whether I had a choice. I was also under the impression that when the new students went to work experience we would continue for our last 2 weeks. It turned out that we would also be away on experience for 4 weeks.

I was not happy as you can imagine. In the end I was on the course for 2 months longer than I should have been. I asked if they would be able to compensate for this because it ended up costing me a lot more being out of work and earning I lost from not being able to get work.

They basically said go f yourself. They said that I was put on the new group because the other person and I were behind on the training. This is BS the other person was a bit of a tool but I was getting on fine. ( I think the real reason was because they would have needed another trainer because they would of had two groups at different stages) . They said that I was compensated by the fact that they paid for two weeks accommodation but this is also BS because it was their choice to extend the course and as I said to them I couldn't of done it if they didn't weren't paying for the accommodation. When it came to arranging accommodation I said from the beginning that I needed weekends because its a bit of a trek and a waste of time driving back home for what was effectively 1 day but they still tried to argue this even though my contact had told me that it would not be an issue and they would pay for weekends too.

The real kicker though was the lies. When I signed up to the course I asked how many attempts you would get at retaking exams I was told the company would pay for the first two attempts and anything after would be your expense. I failed two exams but passed them on second attempt but they then went on to say that I was compensated by the fact that they paid for the retakes. More BS.

When I retook my final exam there was a person who wanted to chat about the issues I had and he reiterated their explanation with conviction that they had compensated enough and the same old BS. It ended up costing me ÂŁXXXX more because of the course extension.

My verdict:

The situation of being at a new training centre only amplified the problems. These days they are probably in a good rhythm.

I wouldn't want to deal with them ever again simply from a moral stand point but they do have a good unique selling point in the fact they do classroom based training which I prefer to the learn at home in your own time training.

If you do decide to go with them I highly suggest that you record every single phone conversation you have with them and anything they claim in person you get in writing.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Met UK review in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net