Discuss Meter tails no rcd in stud wall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

thanks for all the interesting input and advice, i also put the same question to NICEIC but im less than impressed with the reply:

Good Afternoon,

Thank You For Your Enquiry

Based on the information provided, our guidance is as follows;

There is not a specific regulation within BS7671 which states whether or not supply tails with no RCD protection with a length of run greater than 3metres would result in a satisfactory or unsatisfactory outcome.

Do you feel that there is a safety concern or do you feel that an improvement can be made? Please could you also clarify how the tails have been installed.

Once we get further clarification from yourself than we may be able to assist further with your query.

Regards,

thanks for all the interesting input and advice, i also put the same question to NICEIC but im less than impressed with the reply:

Good Afternoon,

Thank You For Your Enquiry

Based on the information provided, our guidance is as follows;

There is not a specific regulation within BS7671 which states whether or not supply tails with no RCD protection with a length of run greater than 3metres would result in a satisfactory or unsatisfactory outcome.

Do you feel that there is a safety concern or do you feel that an improvement can be made? Please could you also clarify how the tails have been installed.

Once we get further clarification from yourself than we may be able to assist further with your query.

Regards,
Their response doesn't seem unreasonable. DNO conditions of supply and BS 7671 requirements are separate issues. It doesn't mean that the installation is not in breach of the former, however.

End of the day it makes no difference to you wht the outcome of the eicr is….so if concerned give it C2 or fi and put the report to the person paying 😁

Reply to Meter tails no rcd in stud wall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net