Currently reading:
metrel mi3000 testing for ze

Discuss metrel mi3000 testing for ze in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

You can reset the Metrel3000 back to it's factory state by holding down the right arrow key and then switching it on. Mine froze a couple of days ago and the manual that came with (on the cd) said how to reset it and it worked fine after that.
And yes, it has Loop Z for Ze readings. Earth croc onto disconnected supply earth, L & N test leads onto L & N terminals of the supply and got 0.14ohms. However, if you use the plug lead for testing for earth faults at a socket outlet you have to set it to Loop Z(RCD) which prevents the rcd tripping.
(Reset info is on p21/22 of the user manual http://bit.ly/NDcPJZ )

With the metrel you need to lose that 2v N to PE before it will test, you should just get the beep of refusal if you press the test button. And if you cant get a reading you need to put all your weight behind the probes to get a good enough contact.
I opened one of these Metrel's up once and inside its the same as one of those lottery pens that have all the balls in the top. You shake the pen and get a random six numbers, the Metrel works on the same principle with a bit of magic eight ball thrown in!!! Try doing the same test several times and you get vastly different readings, they should stick to making calculators and children's toys!

Or you could just temporarily remove the protective shrouds on the tips of the probes :yes:

Eh??? For a start what protective shrouds! You need to push hard to get a good contact it doesn't matter if you have the shrouds on or not! If the machine beeps and fails to take a reading, or you get a high reading, push hard, I have this machine I should know!!! F wit...

Eh??? For a start what protective shrouds! You need to push hard to get a good contact it doesn't matter if you have the shrouds on or not! If the machine beeps and fails to take a reading, or you get a high reading, push hard, I have this machine I should know!!! F wit...

As do I, and my test probes have removable plastic tips so that more than 2mm of the tip is exposed. You're just making hard work for yourself. Or maybe you should buy a new one, or have your one recalibrated (you do know about that don't you? Of course you do).

Reply to metrel mi3000 testing for ze in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock