Discuss Microswitch in lighting controlled by rocker switch issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi and thankyou for reading this. I have an issue where my lights in my camper (12v LED) contain their own switch which is reset every time i use the rocker switch to turn them off. This means that i have to turn on the rocker switch and then turn on the microswitch in the lights - which is a pain! If i leave the rocker on and remove the fuse from the fuse board, then the light functions as expected by reinserting the fuse and the light remains on. I expect that there is a residual low current in the circuit from the fuse board led warning lights. How can i replicate this in the rocker switch? or is there a rocker switch on the market that will provide a very low current in the off position?

I'm familiar with 12 volt lighting circuits in caravans, but I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about, and I suspect I'm far from the only one.
You'll have to explain further.
is there a rocker switch on the market that will provide a very low current in the off position?
This can be achieved by connecting a resistor across the switch terminals.

I'm familiar with 12 volt lighting circuits in caravans, but I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about, and I suspect I'm far from the only one.
You'll have to explain further.

This can be achieved by connecting a resistor across the switch terminals.

Thought it was just me :)

Reply to Microswitch in lighting controlled by rocker switch issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I want to put downlights in my fire surround - possibly 3 but more likely going to be 2. They are 0.4w LED lights. I have a 12v 8w LED driver...
Replies
Views
I'd like to wire a six pin DPDT rocker toggle switch to turn a low voltage LED fixture on and off. The rocker toggle switch I have is an...
Replies
Views
Hi, Bought a MainsSwitch device to run the RF pairing link to switch some low voltage LED strip lighting under my Breakfast bar. No direct switch...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock