Discuss might lose a finger tomorrow :(, neighbour from hell in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

You could also ask the HA to move you to a nice house........... as you are in "fear" of your neighbour. You need to play the game.
its more so for my disabled mother, i can handle myself without much worry but when im at work thats when they start most of the trouble.

i still dont want this dog put down, but it needs rehabilitated and homed away from kids and other dogs

its more so for my disabled mother, i can handle myself without much worry but when im at work thats when they start most of the trouble.

i still dont want this dog put down, but it needs rehabilitated and homed away from kids and other dogs

Unfortunately this dog will have to be destroyed.

An aside from that, if it's attacked more than once it's probably past the point of no return. Even with a lot of training the tendencies are ingrained.

Also use social media to post up photos of your injuries the local Police will love you for that when its on their Facebook, Twitter and whatever other pages.

I assume the Police in your area are far too busy painting their nails and wearing high heels to do anything.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 15.00.25.jpg

Also use social media to post up photos of your injuries the local Police will love you for that when its on their Facebook, Twitter and whatever other pages.

I assume the Police in your area are far too busy painting their nails and wearing high heels to do anything.

View attachment 38962
i understand from a legal standpoint they are trying to avoid liability but this has gone further than just dog on dog attack, they arent even attempting to use common sense and resolve the situation, infact its their incompetence that it has got to this stage, i dont see how using a pitbull as a weapon is any different than using any other offensive weapon.

Looks like that if a dog injures someone then the owner could be jailed for 5 years, also looks like the Police aren't doing there job so get on to social media (sad face, hand bandaged soaked in blood/ketchup for the obligatory Daily Mail photo, UKIP Teeshirt well thats up to you to decide) and email the head of the Police in your area and Cc' in your MP and local ward councillors in the area as well as the local rag.

Liability wise they are just far too lazy as all they are now are revenue collectors, go and ---- on the wall of the Police station then they'll have you in an instant, fined and out of the door £100 lighter.

Cut and paste job from here, hopefully its all still valid information.

Dangerous Dogs - http://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/law/2016/07/13/105/

All these recommendations have now been made law, and are contain within The Anti-Social Behaviour and Policing Act 2014 s.98 and 99, alongside an increased sentencing provision.

• 14 years in prison if a person dies as the result of a dog attack
  • 5 years in prison if a person is injured
  • 3 years imprisonment if an assistance dog is either killed or injured.
So, now the new legislation is in place what does it mean for dog owners? The key issue for pet owners is that now they can be prosecuted for having a dog that is ‘out of control’ in both public and private spaces. The definition of out of control is spelt out and is in some respects subjective, a dog is out of control if;

• The dog injures someone
  • The dog makes someone afraid that it might injure them
  • The dog attacks another dog
  • The owner of another animal is afraid that they might be injured if they tried to stop the out of control dog attacking their animal

Looks like that if a dog injures someone then the owner could be jailed for 5 years, also looks like the Police aren't doing there job so get on to social media (sad face, hand bandaged soaked in blood/ketchup for the obligatory Daily Mail phone, UKIP Teeshirt well thats up to you to decide) and email the head of the Police in your area and Cc' in your MP and local ward councillors in the area as well as the local rag.

Cut and paste job from here, hopefully its all still valid information.

Dangerous Dogs - http://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/law/2016/07/13/105/

All these recommendations have now been made law, and are contain within The Anti-Social Behaviour and Policing Act 2014 s.98 and 99, alongside an increased sentencing provision.

• 14 years in prison if a person dies as the result of a dog attack
  • 5 years in prison if a person is injured
  • 3 years imprisonment if an assistance dog is either killed or injured.
So, now the new legislation is in place what does it mean for dog owners? The key issue for pet owners is that now they can be prosecuted for having a dog that is ‘out of control’ in both public and private spaces. The definition of out of control is spelt out and is in some respects subjective, a dog is out of control if;

• The dog injures someone
  • The dog makes someone afraid that it might injure them
  • The dog attacks another dog
  • The owner of another animal is afraid that they might be injured if they tried to stop the out of control dog attacking their animal
are those english laws as ive been reading a bit today and it seems scotland differs slightly in some aspects

Also go to the Police station report the incident/crime and ask for a crime reference number and give a statement.
the police could see the other side of my finger, they just wanted me dropped off at hospital and to finish their shift from the attitude they displayed, if i dont get a decent answer on the next phonecall i will be visiting the police station in person, harder to fob off a victim bleeding all over the waiting area

the police could see the other side of my finger, they just wanted me dropped off at hospital and to finish their shift from the attitude they displayed, if i dont get a decent answer on the next phonecall i will be visiting the police station in person, harder to fob off a victim bleeding all over the waiting area
Thats odd as they are usually up for some OT unless the rules have changed.

Reminds me never to try to hail a Police car as a taxi when pis sed especially when the Police station is only 100 yards down the road, lesson learnt........

Hope all guys well with your finger, having nearly severed a thumb some years ago, I know how painful that can be. I'm a bit worried about the prognosis due to the time delay?

Some good advice been given, about pursuing some form of prosecution. I would first give to police the opportunity to act, by making contact again (get your injury sorted first), get someone to act on your behalf.

If you do not get suitable response from the police, would echo the advice of contacting local media and MP.

Hope all guys well with your finger, having nearly severed a thumb some years ago, I know how painful that can be. I'm a bit worried about the prognosis due to the time delay?

Some good advice been given, about pursuing some form of prosecution. I would first give to police the opportunity to act, by making contact again (get your injury sorted first), get someone to act on your behalf.

If you do not get suitable response from the police, would echo the advice of contacting local media and MP.
Hi, ive been a busy boy today, dog warden, housing association and police all dragging heels, i have rang up my local station and asked for a desk sergeant so things should move swiftly, just sitting raging on the inside, i was such a brave boy today that the surgeons are only giving me local :O cant wait to see my own finger getting essentially spliced back together lol, am i allowed to post pictures? they are a bit gory

had an incident myself some years ago, but it was a rottweiler that i was caring for till the owner could be traced. he attacked a staffs, bull and was trying to kill it when i did the same as OP. 3 fingers badly bitten, but none severed. i paid the victim's vet bill, obviously, 2 days later, with hand all bandaged up, brake pipe on my citroen ( hyraulic suspension and brakes) went pop, and I'm under the car hammering the pipe closed so I could get to work, bleeding all over my hammer.

Sorry to hear about your run in with the unruly dog, hope your finger injury isn't too bad.

I'm not a fan of condemning dogs by breed, same as I'm not a fan of condemning people according to skin colour, gender or any other generalised trait.

The behaviour of the dog is squarely the fault of the owner and he, not the dog should be held liable.

I should probably declare I own an American pitbull....and funnily enough today is his birthday.

Reply to might lose a finger tomorrow :(, neighbour from hell in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock