Discuss Minor works certification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’m brand new to the site and hope everyone is doing well.

My question is this:
I have a 2365 level 2 diploma and have been doing some electrical work around the house , i.e. moving existing sockets and adding a spur. Can I issue my own minor works certificate? Or am I just over thinking it.

Thanks in advance.

Well you can but with no real authenticity, & why would you want to.
Usually Certification are through a registered Electrical Org… Niceic Napit etc.

Strictly speaking all alterations or additions should be accompanied by the appropriate certificate, according to wiring regulations.
For a like for like swap of a switch and the like, no certificate should be needed.
For an alteration or addition a minor works certificate should be produced.
For a new circuit or a consumer unit replacement, an installation certificate should be produced.
For a new circuit, consumer unit, or alterations and additions in a room containing a bath or a shower in a dwelling, the appropriate certificate should be produced AND a building control notification certificate for Part P of the building regulations is required.

So yes if you're competent to do the work, you ought to be producing a certificate, even if it's just for yourself. It's good practice for when you do work for others.

Well you can but with no real authenticity, & why would you want to.
Usually Certification are through a registered Electrical Org… Niceic Napit etc.
'why would you want to'
Well, because all installations should be tested and certified, whether or not notification is involved.
The authenticity is all dependant on the ability of the person completing the cert.

If you're competent to, test it.

Reply to Minor works certification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net