Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss mobilecafe,napit niceic? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. jimmymack56

jimmymack56 EF Member

Hi , I am a bit confused on this one.Been asked to test a mobile cafe,(also have 2394 and 5) but am not a member of any of the above bodies, can I do it? and would it be acceptable to the council? Was thinking along the lines of an eicr. Any advice would be greatly received

2. suffolkspark

suffolkspark Electrician's Arms

you don't need to be a member of a cps to do an EICR, if you have your 2394/5 then I assume you are plenty competent enough to carry one out

• Like Like x 1
  3. Risteard

Risteard Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Walsh Electrical Services
    Depends whether the client is happy for you to do it or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

You need to find out if the person ordering the work has been asked by a third party to have it done and whether this requires scheme membership, normally NICEIC. Councils are notorious for quoting NICEIC because they believe this is the "gold standard" but a quick chat with them can resolve this but they will still require membership of a recognised body.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1