Discuss Motor Config in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DW,
Have you ever worked with/on virtual lineshaft systems via SERCOS?
Im aware of the systems but due to the abuse and poor maintnance these machines tend to have I don't use it as its easier to do a quick repair to a copper cable and minimise downtime than to source and get a replacement fibre optic cable and the interfaces etc ... My local RS does SERCOS but still have to order it in and wait - not a viable option for some of my customers.

I used to work for the company that "invented" SERCOS!
SERCOS III is over copper, "CAT5" "type" but Cu never the less, it was SERCOS II that was fibreoptic.
I never worked with SERCOS I, I suspect it never made it to market.
However SERCOS has much greater uses than simulated line shafting.

I used to work for the company that "invented" SERCOS!
SERCOS III is over copper, "CAT5" "type" but Cu never the less, it was SERCOS II that was fibreoptic.
I never worked with SERCOS I, I suspect it never made it to market.
However SERCOS has much greater uses than simulated line shafting.

Maybe have another look into it then, it was the fibre optic side that put me off for the above reasons - excellent for other applications I dare say but wasn't for me.. cheers

Reply to Motor Config in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Absolutely losing my brain here guys What I would like to be able to do is power our 3 phase motor on a single phase supply. Thought I had it...
Replies
Views
I want to check the insulation of the 3-phase 400VAC asynchronous squirrel cage motor. Motor's stator windings are connected in delta. I've read...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Is my understanding of why it is bad for a star/delta motor to be stuck in star correct? 1) Star delta starting is used as a method of...
Replies
Views
We have got a hydraulic motor/powerpack for leveling legs of a trailer. However this trailer is running off a 15KW inverter, so the motor needs to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock