Search the forum,

Discuss Naused it right up in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Agree with Archie. Also I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but if not, Split the circuit down and IR between everything it may not be as bad as it seems. You may not have to dig it all up,maybe a small section.

There is only 3 connections buried and I know where they are(almost) I'll give the 12v transformer ago with low voltage lamps. If not I'll get the pick out and channel the seven dwarfs lol

coal-miner.jpg

Diggingahole_zps1406dd80.jpg

Gary just give it a couple of day's to see if the readings improve which as already been suggested. It may just yield a result for you!

Make sure you have checked inside the fittings to see they are not full of wet concrete!
Quick hairdryer in the fittings just in case (without melting the cables).
Getting low IR across all cores unfortunately does sound as if a connection has pulled out and been covered in concrete!

But concrete does get hot as it cures so it may dry it out, perhaps

For the life of me, i can't understand why you buried these boxes in the concrete?? Surely if you installed the conduit before pouring the concrete, why didn't you just put 90 degree bends in, to bring the conduit and wiring above the level of the concrete. You could have then cut the conduit to length and connected the fittings at your leisure. Plus the system would be completely rewireable, and most importantly, you wouldn't be in the mess you are now!! ...lol!!

come on, eng. common sense went out trhe window tears ago.

years.

For the life of me, i can't understand why you buried these boxes in the concrete?? Surely if you installed the conduit before pouring the concrete, why didn't you just put 90 degree bends in, to bring the conduit and wiring above the level of the concrete. You could have then cut the conduit to length and connected the fittings at your leisure. Plus the system would be completely rewireable, and most importantly, you wouldn't be in the mess you are now!! ...lol!!
Because my friend that would have been 2 easy!

Rather than taking a pick to the concrete if you know where the boxes are can you not core drill down to them to save breaking up more concrete than you need to

With a cable locator this would be probably be possible, some of them are pretty damn accurate.

How are the IR results looking now Gary? Are they improving or did you need to dig the joints up?

With a cable locator this would be probably be possible, some of them are pretty damn accurate.

How are the IR results looking now Gary? Are they improving or did you need to dig the joints up?

Looking at his Avatar I would say he know's quite a bit about Joints....:sifone:

Reply to Naused it right up in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock