Discuss Need to post so thought I would introduce myself. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’ve been a long time viewer of the forums and have used many times to answer queries I have come across.
I am a 26 year veteran sparky who has worked mainly in industrial settings this has included 14 years of purely installation work and the remainder doing installs, maintenance and testing up to 11kv. I am now also an apprentice assessor for my sins so will be asking loads of questions when I get asked and need extra help giving a proper explanation to apprentices
Thanks everyone

I'm a retired Electric utility Meterman & foreman. I worked for a municipal in Massachusetts & retired after 34 years in 2018. I also worked as an apprentice in my spare time for my brother-in-law, a Master Electrician. I worked on all phases of metering from 600v class, 15kv and substation metering. I enjoy staying up to date on current NEC, NFPA and equipment and tools.

Welcome - any projects on at the moment?

Welcome - any projects on at the moment?
Thank you, Currently awaiting final permission to liven up 2 x 415v 16a sockets to feed 2 new roller shutter doors. Install and dead testing finished this weekend but as they are fed from an overhead bus bar system we need permission from the controlling engineer. Hopefully, can do that this week and complete live tests so the door control can be commissioned. Next project is a replacement supply cable to an outside store used for storing oils. It’s approx 140m cable run using some existing containment but will require a catenary wire across a yard area which I have not done before so should be a learning curve on that one.

Reply to Need to post so thought I would introduce myself. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net