Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Neff oven 2 year and two months old,and out of John Lewis warranty,no help either. in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Howie Bolt

Howie Bolt New EF Member

Business Name:
    A1 Experting
    Today the mains tripped, after doing so twice, and checked voltage supply, ie the clock was flashing, but no oven heat. I had previously removed the bulb and changed it first, however, the fault remained. Finally, I removed the bulb and glass cover. The oven has been working ever since and fitted the glass cover, minus the bulb. Mealtime came and the steak was done. Happy wife too. Has anyone ever experienced this fault with a Neff oven mod B44552N5GB?

2. Charlie_

Charlie_ Electrician's Arms

Top Poster Of Month

Most likely it is a failed terminal

3. PEG

PEG Respected Member

Hi,seen enuff naff neffs :) chances are,you may have had an issue with the lamp. Sometimes there is a piece left in,or unseen damage,etc.
    You are always as well,getting the mirror and torch out,to ensure the fitting is perfect.
    Repairing or replacement,may require a strip-down,from the rear (giggerty);)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. dmxtothemax

dmxtothemax Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    David Haddock Electronic Repairs
    Unlikely to be a oven lamp issue,
    Another fault is lurking somewhere
    Ready to rear it's ugly head again.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Charlie_

Top Poster Of Month

It will be a loose / detached wire

6. TheReturnOfHightower

TheReturnOfHightower Electrician's Arms

Had similar with a new AEG, still got photos somewhere from all the bits the repair engineers had it in. Think it was a loose wire on the lamp section that was the fault.

Could it be a loose wire on the neutral side of the lamp, so that when you put a lamp in and complete the circuit its going down to earth. Take the lamp out, no complete circuit to take current down to earth.

7. PEG

PEG Respected Member

.....no big deal.....me and my mates once cooked a ham,by burying it in a muck heap....took a day and a half,but,doable :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ruston

ruston Respected Member

Takes me back to the days on the farm when my Granny would put the meal up in the hay box for the men in the fields cutting the old fashioned binder harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marti

Marti Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Jigsaw Electrical Services
    When the "mains" IE the RCD or MCB trip, does the oven run for a few minutes then trip? If so, I had a similar issue recently - also on a Neff although I'd imagine all ovens are similar. There is a temperature cut out inside the back of the oven. It detects any over heat and cut the power - or should. Worth checking that and replacements are under twenty quid. Hardest part is lifting out the oven but you can check all the terminals at the same time. Image attached. 20190315_155907.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Charlie_

Top Poster Of Month

You could have made more effort with that photograph! Different brands of screwdrivers and not all facing the same way

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Marti

Marti Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Jigsaw Electrical Services
    That's nothing! If the tool cases on the van are stacked upside-down, I have to re-stack 'em or get the bus home :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. PEG

PEG Respected Member

I have in the past,had a go with a wire tied binder,and hauled them up a ladder,as they did....
    Just a bit of fun,with some old gear,including a threshing box...hard work,when you think what one lad can do,with a modern haylage set-up :)

• Agree Agree x 1