Discuss Nest Thermostat 3rd gen compatible in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

Hope everyone is having a good New Years Eve!

I have a quick question which I’m hoping you may be able to help with. I’m trying to determine whether or not the Nest 3rd gen thermostat is compatible with the current wiring but the online tool hasn’t been much help.

I have a Danfoss TP9000 wired thermostat and have taken a picture of the wiring below. Hard to tell from the picture but black wire is going into 3.

956_A4_F10-_ECF8-42_F0-87_C5-1_E6_F2728_A37_A.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, are you just asking to see if this is worth you persueing using a Nest installer or are you planning on doing this yourself?

From what I can see it should work, (with a little bit of modification) with the wiring connected to L&N and 3&4, but the wiring connected to terminals 5&6 needs to be investigated to see what it is connected to - possibly remote frost stat? - this may not work with the Nest system.

Another point - where are the earths terminated?

If you are not an electrician, I would suggest you get one in to install this for you.

Thanks for the quick response guys

Definitely not planning to do the install myself but just wanted to know if it was compatible before I purchase the thermostat and get someone to install it.

I have a Danfoss TS2 remote sensor too if that helps in determining what 5 and 6 are connected to.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response guys

Definitely not planning to do the install myself but just wanted to know if it was compatible before I purchase the thermostat and get someone to install it.

I have a Danfoss TS2 remote sensor too if that helps in determining what 5 and 6 are connected to.

Thanks
Yeah your set up is nice and easy.

Reply to Nest Thermostat 3rd gen compatible in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net