Currently reading:
New Financial Year

Discuss New Financial Year in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

kevyn

-
Reaction score
Its me again with more questions!

Is it worth waiting until the new tax year to begin trading? I dont want to do a tax return for 3 weeks where I might not be working much.
Also as I am not officially trading yet when do I begin keeping the books? Do I begin on the first day of trading or begin now?
Any help much appreciated!!:)

Hi Kevin you start trading when you advertise for work not when you actually work so for example if you have been advertsing for 6 months and got your first job today you have been trading for 6 months.

Legally you have 3 months to notify inland revenue after that they can fine you for not doing so and yes they do look at the local papers etc to see who is doing what and cross checking with their records.

Might be a good idea if you google business link and do that course "its free" and covers everything you need to know.

Hope that helps

Chris

Reply to New Financial Year in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back