Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss New guy from Falmouth in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Petern

Petern EF Member

Hi everybody, just joined and already learning stuff. Looks like a great knowledge base.
    cheers, Peter

2. Dan

Dan I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-) Staff Member

Hello Petern, welcome aboard. Enjoy the forum. :D

3. Guest123

Guest123 Guest

Welcome along.:stooge_moe:

4. Sintra

Sintra The Innkeeper Staff Member

Hi & welcome.:)

5. RWJ

RWJ 8,400+ day wonder Electrician's Arms

Hi

:welcome: to the forum

6. tonycoysh

tonycoysh Guest

Hi, Welcome, Enjoy :)

7. MarkieSparkie

MarkieSparkie Guest

Hi, welcome to the forum.

8. Andy 7671

Andy 7671 Guest

My missus father had a job offer painting them cranes in the docks.

Being a proud man from Lanner he took it....up he climbs, walks out, no harness to spray the cranes, when hes finished theres hell up below, turns out the overspray landed on the cars below, lovely bossman tried to blame him.

Sorry, went off on one welcome, yeah theres some real clever, and patient people around.

9. Petern

Petern EF Member

Wow! I'm really impressed, those cranes are awesome. Shame about the cars -;)

10. Andy 7671

Andy 7671 Guest

Well I was impressed as well when I heard this tale.

Quite sad as well, he was labour only, mines were slow, they said he was "Bricking it" but just wanted to feed his family and did as he was told, only to get a scolding for someone elses mistake.

This was in the 50s/60s guess paint was a little different, hell the paint probably had lead in it.

Anyway it was just a simple tale of desperation with a slightly humerous side it wasnt meant as bravado, i know you didnt take it that way but just to clarify.

Hows work in Cornwall then...?

11. Petern

Petern EF Member

Hi Andy, Work was totally different in the 50/60s, no H&S or environmental issues, lots of risk for little reward. I'm actually retired and just like to keep up with the latest developments, but did my apprenticeship in 1962-67; mainly as cheap labour while getting qualified at the local Tech college (now a university of course!). Tradesman tell me that work is picking up here and there's a great demand for electricians, plumbers, carpenters etc. Perhaps I should get my overalls out!
    cherers,
    Peter

12. Andy 7671

Andy 7671 Guest

Good on you, sometimes wonder what state Ill be in crawling around when Im 64/5,

Least I now know someone who can show me how to do pyro if the need arises.

13. CRAGS

CRAGS Regular EF Member

Hi and welcome

14. rich.250

rich.250 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Rich Williams Electrical
    Hi Petern, welcome

15. Petern

Petern EF Member

Yes - it's all changed since I did my first courses. In those days digits were the things on the ends of your hands and everything was analogue. Bring back the Avo 8 that's what I say! But you never stop learning and that's what keeps my brain working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.