Discuss New trainee member looking for a break in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

patrick clowery

evening all,

my name is Patrick clowery, ive recently just started traning with trades gateway college. I'm currently working as a contracts cctv drainage supervisor. ive decided to take a change in direction in my career as I want a better work life balance and a better quality of life. I'm still working for my current company as I'm paying for the course myself which is very expensive. I'm looking for a break into the trade or some where that I can help out on weekends so as I can get some onsite experience. ive contacted a few places but all will only let you apply if your going to do there apprenticeship or are already qualified. well with having a mortgage and bills to pay for I cant afford the apprenticeship wage and clearly I'm not yet fully trained. so I'm reaching out in everyway possible to either find a job as a trainee or somewhere I can offer my hard work in return for some valuable electrical site experience. so if anyone has some advice or ideas where I can look. anything will be appreciated look forward to hearing from some of you guys thanks in advance

full scope

part p defined scope
C&G 2377
C&G2382
part p full scope
C&G2392
C&G 2365 level 2 diploma
unit 201/501
unit202
unit203
unit204
unit210
C&G 2365 level 3 level nvq diploma
unit301
unit302
unit304
unit305
unit308
C&G2394
C&G2395
C&G 2357 level 3 nvq diploma once all others completed

Wow, it doesn't mean much to me (non-UK) but it looks like you're going to be busy for a while.

We have a private area of the forum especially for trainees where help is available from experienced guys who are very clued-up. If you'd like to make an application for access please see here.

its just over a 2 year course which I'm doing from home and at a college after so many of the modules you go to the college and have a couple of weeks there with exams and practicals and that. I'm really looking for somewhere to get some experience or a job as a mate. as I need to be getting paid to continue paying for the house and the bills. I'm studying around 14 hours a week at the min. as well as working 80 hours a week as a drainage engineer contracts supervisor to pay for everything thanks I will join that page as every little helps

Reply to New trainee member looking for a break in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net