Discuss (Newbie) Rotary Phase Converter problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

moonman5

Hi All,

This is my first post, I hope you can help.

I have a single to three phase Rotary phase converter (12 Kw) I am about to connect the converter to my milling machine
before this I thought I would do some voltage output checks from the 3 phase lines L1/L2/L3.

Now I have to admit to not being to knolledgeable on 3 phase (more confident with single phase) so I am a bit puzzled as
to why the Rotary phase converter is putting out the voltages listed below?

Nuetral to L1=210 Volts
Nuetral to L2=420 Volts?
Nuetral to L3=240 Volts

Is L2 to high? I thought that the 3 phases should be equal? I know that Rotary converters give out a "wild leg" but this seems odd?

I also checked across the phases and got the following:

L1 to L2=480 Volts
L2 to L3=520 Volts
L1 to L3=450 Volts

I am now a bit reluctant to connect the converter to my machine in case I do any damage?

I would be greatfull for any help

Reply to (Newbie) Rotary Phase Converter problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Probably more of a maths problem than anything else / managing to confuse myself. I have been asked to look at energy consumption of some...
Replies
Views
Been called to help a friend who can't get anyone to look at his car lift until next week and it's stopping him from working. I said I'd have a...
Replies
Views
Anyone come across this before? I was asked to do a Zs on a 3ph surge device; L1 was around 6 ohm, L2 & L3 around 0.11. Wired in singles from a...
Replies
Views
I have a scenario where there is a three phase DB in a commercial property where there are mixture of three phase and single phase washing...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I signed up here for a little help. I bought a 3 phase bandsaw and went down the rabbit hole of VFD’s etc. ‘The motor is 3 phase 400v...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock