Discuss News on the electricians tax safe scheme?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Welchyboy

so its been a while now, has yous heard of anybody that has got their collar felt yet?

or is the taxman expecting lots of guilt-ridden sparks to phone up and hand themselves in??

2 months ago - had them tell me I owed them extra for 2010 \ 2011 - so I paid ... now I have a letter from them saying that I owe some from 2009 \ 2010 - once they have your name they will not leave you alone - still not two annoyed about this after all somebody has to pay for terrorist suspects to live here after illegal entry into this country in a £400k house - and clearly someone has to pay his legal fees (to protect his human rights) .. not sure about the human rights of those who terrorists kill..... rant over

only safe tax scheme is the pay tax scheme........get a good accountant, keep all your receipts, get the accountant to do everything and pay all your taxes to the penny......then you will be fine and have receipts for all the tax you paid.......try to do it yourself or do self assessment and they will "investigate"* you and chase you for money that you might not actually owe but will be forced to pay or else, but without the services of an accountant you would be walking funny for a while....

* "probe"

Been self employed now since the late 80s.
Never had an accountant, never been investigated.
Only times I've had problems, is under the old system when I moved twice in one year and my return got lost between Tax Offices, and then the next year they just decided to ignore my Tax return.
Had some grief a couple of years back when I went Ltd, still get the odd bill over that saying I owe them money.

Reply to News on the electricians tax safe scheme?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net