Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss NIC requirments on test gear cal. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kung

Chaps i have an annual assessment comming up and after the renewal fee and public liability/employers liability well you know the one yes thats £558.00 please ! thank you ! :mad: i need to know the requirments on cal of test gear ! i have a kewtech kt61, kt35 & an Alto al4588 but as far as im led to believe instead of yearly cals they will exept quarterly checks noted in a log book using my socket & see cb200 check box ! can anyone confirm ?
Regards
Kung.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's perfectly fine and will be accepted i generally only get calibration done every 3 years unless quarterly test results are suspect.

same here.

when I got the kit I got it callibtrated, and then selfcheck with my kewtech fc100 quarterly.

On my last asessment I just placed a custom made self check table with a few readings on it under his nose and the guy didn't really pay much more attention to it.

As I understand it, if you check the meters and keep results quarterly then you only need to get the meters calibrated every third year. My question is; do you need to calibrate the check box every year or does that get the three year allowance as well?

Good point buddy ! although for this assessment as my cals have run out in jan i will just fill in the commission date as of feb on my checkbox !

Reply to NIC requirments on test gear cal. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock