Discuss NICEIC, NAPIT or ELECSA in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

i really need to get my elecsa but 2 problems 1 ive not go the cash 2 i cant get too jobs to show them cause over my way everyone asks to see your quals and reg

- - - Updated - - -

i really need to get my elecsa but 2 problems 1 ive not go the cash 2 i cant get too jobs to show them cause over my way everyone asks to see your quals and reg

If you haven't got the cash for that how on earth do you propose to run a business???

I understood that the assessor as well as putting you through the hoops in terms of knowledge, procedures and the practical review of your work also looked at previous EICs. Specifically to ensure that notifiable work had actually been notified. Quote from ELECSA "how to avoid common Part P assessment issues" - " On surveillance visits all work undertaken during the previous 12 months will be checked to ensure that work which is notifiable, has been notified".

I'm interested because the costs of getting BC in in this area are in excess of £220 which is prohibitively expensive to load on to the small notifiable jobs resulting in working for nothing. Many customers are not in the slightest bit interested in certification which is worrying and will happily accept a none scheme EIC and schedule of test results. Not Part P compliant but the customer is happy and the job will stand electrical scrutiny. Being brutally honest i think that there are many out there just doing this and I wonder how an assessor would respond should they see a shed load of EIC that have not been notified once the sparky has applied to join the scheme?

I understood that the assessor as well as putting you through the hoops in terms of knowledge, procedures and the practical review of your work also looked at previous EICs. Specifically to ensure that notifiable work had actually been notified. Quote from ELECSA "how to avoid common Part P assessment issues" - " On surveillance visits all work undertaken during the previous 12 months will be checked to ensure that work which is notifiable, has been notified".

I'm interested because the costs of getting BC in in this area are in excess of £220 which is prohibitively expensive to load on to the small notifiable jobs resulting in working for nothing. Many customers are not in the slightest bit interested in certification which is worrying and will happily accept a none scheme EIC and schedule of test results. Not Part P compliant but the customer is happy and the job will stand electrical scrutiny. Being brutally honest i think that there are many out there just doing this and I wonder how an assessor would respond should they see a shed load of EIC that have not been notified once the sparky has applied to join the scheme?

Well if its your first assessment you only show em the cert for the assessment job/s and tell em its not notified which is why you are have the bleeding assessment. If its not your first assessment you just show em the certs for the jobs you notified and not the ones you haven't...simples. They just want your money at the end of the day

Reply to NICEIC, NAPIT or ELECSA in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net