Discuss NICEIC Requirements for Registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Colonel Hathi

Can anyone confirm exactly what the NICEIC attitude is to the people "employed" by a registered contractor?

I know a company that just sub contracts all its work to another (non NICEIC) organisation.
The Qualified Supervisor isn't employed as such by either of them - just gets a fee for signing off certs.

It doesn't have any staff at all on the payroll doing electrical works.

I suppose if we are clever with language we can say that they "employ" the services of these people - but they are not "employed" in the usual sense of the word. They just turn up for the annual inspection.

Your opinions please:confused:

CH

A qualified supervisor has to do just that-supervise an installation, you only need one per company. He is supposed to supervise the installations of his electricians and countersign the certificates. Level of supervision is proportionate to the ability of ther person being supervised.I would of thought that if a sparky presents a certificate to a supervisor for signing off then at least the QS should of looked in on the job at some time. I think the set up you describe is not right.

Reply to NICEIC Requirements for Registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

There's been a few changes recently at the company I work for. 2 electrical supervisors and the contract manager left towards the end of last...
Replies
Views
Hi all Just qualified last Monday and I have completed both initial and periodic test and inspection courses. What is the process for joining the...
Replies
Views
C
CTE Services are looking for a third year apprentice/newly qualified electrician to join the company. Based in Yaxley, CTE Services have multiple...
Replies
Views
CTE Services LTD
C
NAPIT Certification Scheme NAPIT with more than one operative
Hi Guys Hope this is in the right place... I have recently joined NAPIT and had my assessment. We are a limited company of two qualified...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC renewal assessment debacle!
Hi All, I recently had my NICEIC renewal assessment. We are a two man band. We only carry out small local work and we are approved contractors &...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock