Discuss No CPC on lighting circuit ............ in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I agree, I guess in 20, 30 years if that building is still there then it will probably have some poor earth continuity issues...

C2 for me as well. Purely because the CPC doesn't meet the requirements. All being well a separate CPC could be pulled in.

^^ no .............the system was designed to use the steel conduit as the CPC..

I issued the report with a C2, unsatisfactory................ no idea what the owner has done since. Not my problem.

Use your own judgement and not some Guide, if you require a Guide you must question your ability to carry out EICRs.

Use your own judgement and not some Guide, if you require a Guide you must question your ability to carry out EICRs.
very helpful!
Sorry clearly unlike you I don’t know every detail of every regulation to do with electrics. The guide is produced by the electrical safety council as a guide on classification of c1-c3. I was of the understanding this website was setup for people to pool knowledge not to make derogatory comments

I know our upstairs lighting circuit has no CPC at all. No idea what to do in those circumstances, I'm only a Level 3 student so can't start issuing warning notices lol

I know our upstairs lighting circuit has no CPC at all. No idea what to do in those circumstances, I'm only a Level 3 student so can't start issuing warning notices lol

Usual practice is to make sure you have no metal accessories on the circuit as an immediate measure, and get it rewired at the soonest opportunity.

very helpful!
Sorry clearly unlike you I don’t know every detail of every regulation to do with electrics. The guide is produced by the electrical safety council as a guide on classification of c1-c3. I was of the understanding this website was setup for people to pool knowledge not to make derogatory comments
That was not my intention but if you are undertaking this type of work you must have an understanding of fundamental principles for circuit protection and any possible consequences, this does not require knowledge of all Regulations.

That was not my intention but if you are undertaking this type of work you must have an understanding of fundamental principles for circuit protection and any possible consequences, this does not require knowledge of all Regulations.
As the old saying goes you learn on the job. I only passed my exams late last year by no stretch of the imagination do I know absolutely everything about inspection testing and certification as they can’t show or teach you everything in a classroom. I asked on this site because there are people that have been doing the job a hell of a lot longer than me and a lot more experience of dealing with out of date wiring

As the old saying goes you learn on the job. I only passed my exams late last year by no stretch of the imagination do I know absolutely everything about inspection testing and certification as they can’t show or teach you everything in a classroom. I asked on this site because there are people that have been doing the job a hell of a lot longer than me and a lot more experience of dealing with out of date wiring
Are you working for yourself.

we have a class 1 fan installed, not my house though. I've told them but "their electrician has said it's fine"

Hmmm. I issued a danger notification last week for this very issue. Any landlord is under a legal duty of care to provide and maintain a safe electrical system.

Hmmm. I issued a danger notification last week for this very issue. Any landlord is under a legal duty of care to provide and maintain a safe electrical system.
Yup, I've mentioned that. Danger notifications are a little bit out of my remit at the minute. It's rather annoying because I know the dangers and I know what could happen.

EICRs is not something you should be learning on the job.
Mate if you’ve nothing to say about the original question then don’t bother answering. I’m not learning eicr on the job but clearly they can’t show every possible situation in college and I don’t know everything like clearly you do.

all I was asking was am I right listing it as c3 as classification states

• Absence of circuit protective conductors in circuits having only Class II (or all- insulated) luminaires and switches.

But this thread list c2 due to conduit being present in original question. I just wanted a second opinion for my own piece of mind.

Reply to No CPC on lighting circuit ............ in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net