Discuss No excuses! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Poor bugger, I knew I hadn't seen him for a while. He used to ride on the Metro all day as a means of getting out of the weather when it was bad.

Poor bugger, I knew I hadn't seen him for a while. He used to ride on the Metro all day as a means of getting out of the weather when it was bad.

He was often hanging around St. Nicholas Cathedral and the railway arches beside Castle Keep on weekend nights.

Don't do politics, but in this case Trev you are correct, they say it shouldn't happen but it does,and will continue, I'll get my head bitten off for the next comment, isn't it time we helped our poor people rather than every body else s, there Ive said it now for the backlash.

There has always been homless people, and to add under Tony Blair we were the 4th richest country in the World, that aside the shocking disturbing thing about the Modern Britain we live in is 300,000 people living off food banks. They are poor people who have a choice, heat their homes or eat, the social give them tickets so they can get food from food banks, this enables them to heat their homes and keep their children warm, Modern Britain= Victorian Britain more like.

In the 7th richest nation on the planet, one which is supposedly undergoing an economic miracle at the hands of this government who's policies are delivering prosperity at unprecedented levels, a government which promised to protect the most vulnerable in our society, there is no excuse whatsoever for this.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...=dfeKSXVX4H-XNKjErZXF0g&bvm=bv.82001339,d.ZGU

It probably is delivering prosperity at unprecidented levels, unfortunately that properity is being enjoyed by the chosen few. Little to none of that prosperity is finding it's way down the the man in the street...

There are a number of things I find totally un-acceptable in this country. Begging, people sleeping rough and people too poor to eat. I accept that there has been all three, as long as I can remember, throughout all governments, but it still is so wrong. If you look at public spending (easily available online) you can choose which budgets you would trim back to eradicate this nonsense. E.g. get rid of Libraries and use the buildings to provide shelter, use charities to run it, as government cannot run a soup kitchen without 10 layers of management, use lottery money, in fact use all the bloody tax from gambling on this with back up from booze and smokes.

My step brother and I helped out once at xmas time in the 70s at one of the temporary shelters , and believe you me , these people are some of the nicest people you could find , and thats the problem , we live in a society that treads on people like that , when we should all be doing the opposite, brings tears to your eyes to see this happening even today, the richer and more advanced the nation becomes and people becoming selfish the more this thing is happening ......

There are any amount of budgets which could be cut to improve the lot of the people at the bottom of the pile. We could scrap Trident, I don't believe that we are under any threat of nuclear attack so it's a pointless waste of money. It also does nothing to deter terrorism as is often claimed.
We could scrap the idea of HS2 which is only going to achieve something like a 20 minute reduction in travelling times from Birmingham to London.

well in agreement with the hs2. all it will benefit is bloody suits. let them stay in bed a bit longer. sod 'em. open -minded about trident. iran being working towards nuclear weapons, not to mention n.korea.

NK already have nukes but they don't have the technology to deliver them or the money to buy it. Besides, NK only exists because of the continuing support of China. If KJU does something to annoy them they'll take him out and install someone more to their liking.

Have no problem it being a crime, it should be, for all concerned. When I see beggars, I just see organised crime, cannot help it and have no sympathy. I have however, discussed homelessness with a number of Big Issue sellers at Kings Cross, when I used to commute to the City, and I do support their efforts, and have done several times. The number of homeless is not so massive that we cannot easily both afford it and use existing infrastructure / organisations to eradicate it. The money is also miniscule when compared to our budgets for health, education, welfare and defence, not to mention transport... I really don't think any government has really dealt with this properly, but making it a crime, I believe, will help push it on to the next stage... I hope !

So giving people who have nothing a criminal record, thus making it even harder for them to get out of a desperate situation is completely acceptable?

I don't get emotional about this stuff, its pretty fixable, but there appears to be no will (or votes) to eradicate it. TBH Trev it was a ping pong to your "criminal record" stance, therefore it cannot be right....... just saying it can be right and should be......

Reply to No excuses! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net