Discuss no job for scam assesment in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky-s-w

hi all, im due my scam assesment in august, and currently have no large installs to use as my site asses.
all ive been getting on the domestic side lately is extra sockets/lights, external security lights, fault finding etc.
i know ive got a while yet, and hopefully i'll land a re-wire or at least a CCU change.

is anyone else strugaling domestically?
does anyone know the minimum installation size/type that scammers will accept?

:banghead:

Any kind of new circuit.

Consumer unit change.

These jobs can be in your own house or friends/family.

Yes it's a struggle, I just got called a robdog for charging £38 call out (1 hr labour included)

I'll do it for free next time.

A C/U change is always a good one, I did my parents last this year at just cost price as it was for my assessment, surely you know someone who will allow you to do it for them. Although my assessor this year did say as i have done that before they will accept a job in progress like a full rewire first fix, so they can see your installation methods are all good. But I suppose that depends on how much work you actually have lined up.

this is the problem, not getting alot of large domestic work. its my third assesment, first was a CCU (my own) 2nd was a re-wire part complete, he was happpy with these, but now got nothing but small jobs.
would they accept say a new shower circuit install, or a large shed (sockets x3, lights x2)

hi all, im due my scam assesment in august, and currently have no large installs to use as my site asses.
all ive been getting on the domestic side lately is extra sockets/lights, external security lights, fault finding etc.
i know ive got a while yet, and hopefully i'll land a re-wire or at least a CCU change.

is anyone else strugaling domestically?
does anyone know the minimum installation size/type that scammers will accept?

:banghead:

If nothing big comes in a week before your assessment , then just rewire the cooker circuit in your own house whether it needs it or not lol.

I don't think they accept just a single circuit installed.

Phone them up and explain your situation to them and ask if you can delay until you have a job to show them?

Im quite sure they'll accept whatever work you've recently completed.
Its either that or your £500 cheque for membership fees stays firmly in your pocket.
Guess which they'll choose ?
;-)

yea sure im worried about nothing, sure a decent job will come in by the time assesment is due.
Although comercial is the bulk of my work, i do, or have had a decent amount of domestic spread over the years, just gone realy quiet over the last 3-4 months.

Similar with me, only I've been caught up on just ONE large house build the last couple of months, so I'll renew my NICEIC at the point I need to issue certs! Until that time, I can see no good reason why the scam should have the interest on my money and not me.

Hah show them a commercial job!

That will confuse them.

Mate if you haven't got the work you can't magic it out of nowhere - they will have to be happy with whatever you show them.

It's the same for us all, buggerall work so they will have to understand.

Might sound a daft question but how do u issue Certs for work before your with a scam I'm in processes of getting things sorted for starting on my own

- - - Updated - - -

Might sound a daft question but how do u issue Certs for work before your with a scam I'm in processes of getting things sorted for starting on my own

Not sure with whom you are registered but for Elecsa they were happy to accept commercial work as a demonstration of your capability, they were also happy to accept a small quantity of very minor jobs, the shower circuit or the shed seem reasonable jobs to proffer.
As Dillb says give them a ring and ask, "sorry can't renew at the moment and so will be holding on to my money... unless you would accept these jobs?!":)

- - - Updated - - -

To do it correctly you inform building control in advance and pay their fee; since this is not generally possible commercially (and the likelihood if you rang LABC would be, if it is for your assessment go ahead) then normally the scams accept you doing the work, being assessed and then notifying once you have passed, just remember not to "finish" the job until just before your assessment!

yea im with elecsa myself, but good news is a poss fuse board + extra circuits has just come in, happy days. but yea i could just call them i know they have a helpfull support line.

for my first assesment i changed my own fuse board, compleated a eic printed off net, then sent off to elecsa after passed.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me explain, its very simple......

Do the job
Test the job
Record results
Go to wholesaler
Buy Installation certs
Fill out a cert
Give to customer
Keep duplicate

And there you have it, your easy 8 step guide on how to issue an electrical certficate without being registered.

Let me explain, its very simple......

Do the job
Test the job
Record results
Go to wholesaler
Buy Installation certs
Fill out a cert
Give to customer
Keep duplicate

And there you have it, your easy 8 step guide on how to issue an electrical certficate without being registered.

is that it bloody hell

do yot have to notify building control as i rang mine about a re wire and they wanst intrested and i lost the job as i couldnt give certs

Reply to no job for scam assesment in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net