Discuss No rn reading on downstairs ring in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Simon_

Fitted 2 new rings and a new CCU. Got readings on r1 r2 rn end to end on both and also R1 R2 R1 RN on both but no rn on downstairs ring, it just shows open circuit. Checked all sockets for loose wiring but all ok. Any suggestions? Thanks

I dont understand as you say you tested end to end rn on both circuits which was OK.

As Mayfair has said you have a open circuit in the neautral if you have no end to end rn.

Split the circuit at the CU and test each leg of the neutraluntil you find the break. With a new circuit which you have just put in should be easy.

Fitted 2 new rings and a new CCU. Got readings on r1 r2 rn end to end on both and also R1 R2 R1 RN on both but no rn on downstairs ring, it just shows open circuit. Checked all sockets for loose wiring but all ok. Any suggestions? Thanks

Not wishing to be picky but what you've outlined doesn't make sense

split ring at CU. wander lead connected to 1 neutral at C. follow sockets with wander lead, break out box, and meter on the N till you lose it. iif you ain't got a wander lead. get a plug top, short N to E then with meter on buzzer at the cu across N and E, plug in sockets till you get no buzz. you have then just passed the break.

Last edited:
split ring at CU. wander lead connected to 1 neutral at C. follow sockets with wander lead, break out box, and meter on the N till you lose it. iif you ain't got a wander lead. get a plug top, short N to E then with meter on buzzer at the cu across N and E, plug in sockets till you get no buzz. you have then just passed the break.

You should market a set of plug tops for this tel, you'd probably make a mint this day in age

Reply to No rn reading on downstairs ring in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net