Discuss Non common power cord connector in speakers in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

James1987

Hi,

I bought in Amazon a speakers for ipod/iphone and when I opened the box I discovered that it has cable with an European plug. I can remove the cable from the speakers but it has been impossible to find something similar with a UK 3 pins plug. I would appreciate any help or link to find this type of cable. I attach a photo of the type of connector. Thanks!

Jamesphoto1.JPGphoto.JPG

Hi,

I bought in Amazon a speakers for ipod/iphone and when I opened the box I discovered that it has cable with an European plug. I can remove the cable from the speakers but it has been impossible to find something similar with a UK 3 pins plug. I would appreciate any help or link to find this type of cable. I attach a photo of the type of connector. Thanks!

JamesView attachment 17584View attachment 17585

a lot of things from amazon seem to be sent from Germany, France and Switzerland, it looks like it is from the UK when you buy it but then it comes from other places.....
A travel adapter should be ok for this, buy one that is for long term use from a travel shop or from Boots Chemist shop, as many cheap travel adapters are made from thin metal inside and are labeled "not for continuous use" being intended for 1 or 2 hours use at a time....better quality ones can be used all day long....

as many cheap travel adapters are made from thin metal inside and are labeled "not for continuous use" being intended for 1 or 2 hours use at a time....better quality ones can be used all day long....

I never really get that to be honest... it clearly depends on the usage... a cheap adaptor will last for years if just used to charge a phone, but maybe the thin metal would be a problem if it was running an electric heater...

Congrats on 1,500th post by the way!

Reply to Non common power cord connector in speakers in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net