Search the forum,

Discuss Not sure how me last thread went down in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Normally suspended fittings are done with jack chain and they could swing around. And a galvanised hook plate on the ceiling. Don't suppose anyone's gonna get up there and swing on it so doesn't seem there is a problem?

cheers for another option mate. I guess it is doing its job and if anything has some flexability in terms of being able to move it about but if it was in my garge id sooner it sturdy and I wondered if I had missed a trick but it seems physics said it would wobble

You won't stop a suspended fitting from swaying unless you anchor it in at least 3 points (as Richard Burns explained)^^^^^
But if you wanted to reduce that sway then a thicker rod or conduit maybe be as snow head mentioned. Also the size and weight of the fitting will play a part.

If the concrete anchor fixings are installed correctly and the concrete is of good condition these type of fixings are usually quite good and take some shifting once in place. Its important you use the correct size drill bit for the job, too small and you won't get the fixing in with a big hammer which is likely to damage the fixing. Too big and the fixing will not expand enough to grab the sides of the hole and will easily slip out under load.

thanks mate I did think the only way to gurantee it was sturdy would be with a triangle i think the m bar only goes up to m10 but im not 100 per cent on that. if I used conduit how am I gonna attach it to the concrete ceiling. If I used a 20mm bit of conduit say then id need a 20mm anchor can u get 20mm anchors. the thing witht he m8 bar and the anchors was that it literally threaded into it. conduit has no thread and ive never worked with the stuff but i know you can put a thread on it but ive never had anyone show me that although I dont mind getting all the bits to do it

I did have to hammer the anchor in as it was so bloddy tight. not pround

now i know that a 10mm anchore needs a 12mm drill bit and i should have used a 10mm drill bit for the m8 bar i had

Hi dude,i hope the flat above,hasn't got a lump in the carpet...

I am not trying to cause alarm,but if you are unsure about fixing types and methods,i would refrain from perforating what could be a structural or service containing section of building.

Or,if not concerned,drill right through,and ask the folks above to thread that M8 nut on...

lol

Reply to Not sure how me last thread went down in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock