Discuss Occupied rewires in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

family of 4 ?
it could still work out cheaper , less hassle ,less disruption , do they really want to be in the house with raggling etc going on

I understand from a sprks point of view. But the occupier has 2 hotel rooms to pay for, all meals have to been eaten out. Loss of home comforts( own bed, setee etc). So the benefits are outweighwed by the negatives.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bit then cost in meals. Maybe extra travelling to work. Loss of home comforts, the thought of a stranger being in your home for several days without you being there.

ok mate there spending thousands on a rewire do you think they would prefer 5-6 days being in the house while rewiring is going on , they wont have home comforts with power being off all day , or if temp supplies set up which would take time , couple hundred quid to leave house and come back when complete sounds beter to me , site visits can be done could rewire it in 2-3 days

I have done sevaral occupied rewires. Yes they take longer. But speaking to the customer explaining about powerloss during the day, and getting all the power on before finishing every night is hardly difficult if you know what you are doing.

Occupied re-wires are not an issue if you tell the client EXACTLY what they should expect, from my experience they are morethan happy to work with you.

lol ok mate listen to Dillb he obviously knows beter :S NOT
rewires most commonly are give price and get it done as fast as poss .
bump your price up slightly to allow for extra day and half.

Why the personal attack on me? I merely stated my point from experience. If you cant do a occupied rewire then dont take it on simple really.

As a rule we will not touch a occupied (only for our very best customers and as a special favour at that !) , the last one we did i paid for the couple that lived there to stay at a local hotel for the duration .
All in all it worked out more efficient and so much less stressful in the end , and they seemed to appreciate it as well .

If you have priced it on a occupied rate , then there should be that much extra in the kitty to do this and when you take in to account the amount it speeds the job up , it can be justified in some case's !

Edit ; Steady boys it ain't that much of a biggie !

As a rule we will not touch a occupied (only for our very best customers and as a special favour at that !) , the last one we did i paid for the couple that lived there to stay at a local hotel for the duration .
All in all it worked out more efficient and so much less stressful in the end , and they seemed to appreciate it as well .

If you have priced it on a occupied rate , then there should be that much extra in the kitty to do this and when you take in to account the amount it speeds the job up , it can be justified in some case's !

snap :D

Reply to Occupied rewires in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net