Discuss Old threads in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

My 2p worth.... How about a "Library" for old and useful threads within the forum section which they belong?

The members select which ones, tell Admin and it gets posted up as a sub-forum. That will work.

If you scroll right down below the last post on any thread you'll see a heading the says 'similar threads' and it gives you 5 or 6 links to other threads with similar tags or keywords. That's one way Dillb could have found this thread and bumped it rather than starting an identical new thread ;)
That's the bit I'm on about - i reckon that's why most of the old threads are unintentionally resurrected.

Think of the Library as a sticky? It always there and members can post up a link to easily when the same question is asked????
Fair enough, just not the way I do it. If I've got a daft question, I google it. Nine times out of ten, I get re-directed to the forum, get my question answered, and enjoy a couple of pages of some poor sod getting ripped a new one.

Fair enough, just not the way I do it. If I've got a daft question, I google it. Nine times out of ten, I get re-directed to the forum, get my question answered, and enjoy a couple of pages of some poor sod getting ripped a new one.

Do you want education or entertainment?? In a selected Library chosen by long established members, you will have access to threads that are debated a lot of the time. If you want a bit of fun, go to the chit chat room.

Do you want education or entertainment?? In a selected Library chosen by long established members, you will have access to threads that are debated a lot of the time. If you want a bit of fun, go to the chit chat room.
Both, If I want purely education, I have lots of solemn books, where I know most of the words. if I want purely entertainment, I like fishing and playing guitar.

Both, If I want purely education, I have lots of solemn books, where I know most of the words. if I want purely entertainment, I like fishing and playing guitar.

Books are great. Why are you still using a google search if you already have the answers? Just looking at the banter are we??? Please continue with useless posts upon this thread that is discussing the running of the forum.

Let the true members of the forum make the suggestions. Your attempt at humor has not entertained us.

Books are great. Why are you still using a google search if you already have the answers? Just looking at the banter are we??? Please continue with useless posts upon this thread that is discussing the running of the forum.

Let the true members of the forum make the suggestions. Your attempt at humor has not entertained us.
Actually love the banter. Sorry, what is a 'true member of this forum". Also, "not entertained us", as in the royal 'We' or 'you'? Nobody else seems to be slagging me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, what is a 'true member of this forum". The forum Dictionary of the meaning = A person that has been a good contributor of a collective professional group which adds to the forum and not take the Part P.

Also, "not entertained us",or 'you'. Nobody else seems to be slagging me? "You" (aka me) nothing has been said by me? I just hear the groans of the True Members reading your posts on this thread. If you dont have anything to say constructive, dont say anything.

What are your actual bullet points upon this topic? Post them up and it will be debated. Everyone's views are looked at. Post yours up.

Reply to Old threads in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net