Discuss On my own but not fully qualified? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, first time posting on here. Wondered if you could help.

I have being doing electrics for around 5 years now and feel totally confident that my work is at a high enough standard to work for myself. I'm currently waiting to sit my am2 and working for a company who allow me to do my own work and they test and sign it off.

Question is would be able to start the ball rolling with my own work and trade under my own company name? And use the company I'm working for as a partner type thing to get jobs signed off?
I am 18th edition and passed all units on my nvq lvl 3 apart from my am2

Thanks
Dom

Generally a certificate (EIC, minor works) is completed by whoever carries out the work, not some unrelated third party, unless they have supervised the work, which I guess would not be happing. The company you currently work for might also regard these jobs as (unwelcome) competition with themselves.

Reply to On my own but not fully qualified? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
Hi Guys I am currently on the NVQ 2357 on my way for the AM2 and get fully qualified, at the moment i am doing private jobs, on the NVQ 2357 they...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've achieved my NVQ Level 3, 18th edition and 2391-52. Looking to go off by myself, work comprising all of domestic so signing off work...
Replies
Views
I’m level 3 qualified electrician been doing for couple of years still training for my nvq and 18th I work for a company where I change db full...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock