Discuss On-site guide version Napit vs IET in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

impish15

Trainee
Reaction score
I recently had a quick glance at a colleague’s Napit’s version of their on-site guide “Napit On-site Solutions Practical Solutions to Electrical Installations”. I must say I really like the way the book is structured, the level of information it contains when comparing it to the IET On-site guide. It has lots of examples and pictures (I’m actually being serious haha) which helps to illustrate information more clearly.

I am likely going to purchase a copy. Does anyone use the Napit version on-site guide and recommend it?

Thanks in advance

Not seen the NAPIT version of the OSG, so can't comment on its content. It might well be great, dunno.

What I would flag up is that if you're a student taking the C&G 2365 qualification (or equivalent), then for the assessments on some of the units, you're permitted (and need) the IET OSG, eg for conduit cable capacity tables, or max Zs values. Even if the NAPIT OSG contains the same info (and more), then - unless things have changed in the last year or so - the ONLY permitted book is the IET OSG.

If you don't need it for doing a course, get whichever one you like :)

From what you've said it appears to be a marketing ploy to make it appear to be an alternative to the IET on-site guide, you appear to have fallen in to that trap of calling it 'the napit on-site guide' despite that not being its title.

It is not an alternative option to the on-site guide, it is an publication you may wish to purchase in addition to it. The napit book will be the opinion of the author on what you should do whereas the IET guide is more likely to be unbiased in that respect.

Reply to On-site guide version Napit vs IET in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net