Discuss Online CAD courses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The problem I find with CAD is I don't use it often enough to keep my drawing speed up and I find that unless I use it to draw anything once every few months the time lost getting back into it can be a bit frustrating
This!

I have some old and once-expensive PCB CAD software I use on occasion. It takes me a good couple of hours to get back in to the swing of things and remember all the oddities from part creation, through schematic capture, to design rules, to actually creating the PCB layout, and finally generating usable drill/Gerber plots to have it made. And these days it is for one-off or small hand assembly so I can skip the long-forgotten step to create the assembly (component X/Y/rotation) files!

But if you use stuff regularly it is less of a problem.

Reply to Online CAD courses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all Well, been putting it off, but I need to upgrade my 17th edition to the 18th. Not been a practising sparky for over 5 years, but I have...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow professionals, I'm currently facing a challenging scenario that involves the integration of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Figured I'd come straight to the experts with this one because I don't have a great deal of electrical experience. I'm a designer at a...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post so please advise if there is a more appropriate board! I have recently applied...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back