Discuss Opinions on Andy Gray & Richard Keys being 'stood down' for tonight's game? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sparky Ninja

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Dunno if you guy's have heard the development of this today..

Sky News - Article

I've watched the coverage on the news, including the BBC (which I very often avoid as biased news isn't news IMO) and was wondering what others views are?

First of all, what do you think about the actions Sky have taken, and weather you feel it is just or not taking things like free speech into account.

Secondly, what is your opinion of female officials in the 'mens' game?

My opinion is as follows..

I think that it's a bit harsh. Unlike the Ron Atkinson affair a few years ago, no direct attack had been made. It was a simple chit chat between guys that had been unfortunately recorded and then sold to the media, it wasn't aired live.
The media keep showing the clip of the first Torres goal, which the linesman got correct. But they fail to show the flag she waived towards the end of the game when it was not even considerable as to weather it was offside, this is the call that they were discussing on the recording.
I just find myself getting more and more peeved with our British media everyday.. on Sky News they've spent half the time discussing the off side rule with some guys explaining that they don't even know it.. and then they put up a poll saying is football a 'mens game'. The vote is currently 58% Yes and 42% No. I myself voted No as don't think it is.
I've not heard one journo mention free speach, which I clearly feel this should apply to?

Now regarding the female official.
I noticed her in the game (pony tail gave it away) and thought nothing else. When the first goal went in I even thought 'good for you'. When she made the bad call I didn't react differently, I shouted at the linesman like I always do.
I'm of the opinion that if she is better suited at the job than someone else then fair be it.

One thing I can see happening in the future though is a sexual assault case of some kind. With all these multi-millionaires on the pitch something is bound to happen in the future.. not all referee's will be as accommodating to a stroke or grope like this one..

[video=youtube;ZP1N4PWneMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP1N4PWneMI&feature=related[/video]

Does anyone else have an opinion on today's events?
Anyone here not know the offside rule?

I agree its harsh. Rio Ferdinands comments on it are ridiculous.

How can the media possibly accept a show like 'loose women' which is openly sexist against men, but condemn the private, off air banter of two men?

andy gray although a very good footballer in his day seems a complete bully in his manner to male and female alike.as for keys just a lap dog to his bully master.football is full of complete scum bags like terry,cole and top of the tree rooney and drug cheets such as ferdinand.so why expect anything different from people who commentate on it.

why cant they stick to there own female version of sport. women at football is annoying enough without looking at them on the pitch.

Hi Ricky
Oh I don't know, they look pretty good to me on the pitch, Play good football too, got to the final of their last world cup, which is more than the scumbag/drugcheets did (do we want to remember that?) These days I think the Boys are more girly than the Girls, so they might be worth a go.
Besides they have a player with the wonderful name of Rachel Yankey, how evocative is that?
Or is that another Gray-ism

Think it's certainly been blown out of proportion.
In my mind how many of us have made the same comment down the pub with the lads?!?
In light of more things that had been said previous, maybe after a couple of warnings the sacking was justified.
It just kinda makes me laugh that these same journalist probably same similar comments (in jest) behind closed doors.
Pot kettle black??

Reply to Opinions on Andy Gray & Richard Keys being 'stood down' for tonight's game? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock