Discuss Optima Alarm Help in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tazz Post 17 is a new poster not the same as the original thread which is one and a half yrs old.... read from 17...

Tazz Post 17 is a new poster not the same as the original thread which is one and a half yrs old.... read from 17...

Rudolf... do you have a user manual you need to put it in test mode and test the outside bell option and check voltage... if no voltage recheck fuse if ok panel knacked.

I have disconnected the battery in my old Optima Alarm control panel(20years old)and have been using the external bell without SCB, the system has operated on AC supply only,which I have been happy with.However I now have a situation where the external bell does not operate,there is no output voltage at terminals D and B,although the bell fuse is Ok,and the internal sounder is ok.I need help to get an alarm 12v supply to my bell, is there anything I can do to achieve this?

Try reinstate a standby battery in the panel.
Maybe the panel transformer/rectifier are no longer able to run the bell?

Boydy

Rudolf... do you have a user manual you need to put it in test mode and test the outside bell option and check voltage... if no voltage recheck fuse if ok panel knacked.

There you go again :shades_smile: Love it

It must be a spurious fault, it is now ok again, but may be temporary?

If it remains OK,is the Bell supply rated sufficient if I decided to add another piezo siren (150mA) in parallel with existing Bell?

Reply to Optima Alarm Help in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net