Discuss Oven/grill Tripping Fusebox in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

jamie5001

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hello, not sure if anyone can help but thought this website would be a good start....

I've got an integrated Candy oven with grill. I was using the grill at the weekend when the fusebox tripped. I worked out it was the oven. Now if I attempt to turn it on it trips the fusebox straight away. Not sure if there is any quick fix I can try before calling someone out. Thanks in advance.

It was the grill on the oven I was using at the time not the oven. Possibly need a new grill element? Not sure if this is something that would trip the electrics straight away.

the grill element is the 1st suspect, but it could be a number of other things ( like a broken termination/spade connector ). is it tripping a RCD or a MCB?. either way, best call in a local sparks or appliance service bod.

the grill element is the 1st suspect, but it could be a number of other things ( like a broken termination/spade connector ). is it tripping a RCD or a MCB?. either way, best call in a local sparks or appliance service bod.

*Googles RCD v MCB* ....I think its the RCD, Ive attached a pic, it's where my thumb is. Ive replaced the oven element before so I'm guessing its as hard as that to fit? Think you are right though I may just get someone out

20181015_134629.jpg

Tripping RCD will be trial and error especially as you have one RCD covering the whole lot.

It could well be an element failing but only inspection & testing would confirm this.

Hi - agree @telectrix the element is the likely cause. The elements can either fail gently or with a bit of a bang. If you've a good light you may be able to see a split in it, which would be a confirmation. Make sure the power is off at that board before poking about :) .

Hello, not sure if anyone can help but thought this website would be a good start....

I've got an integrated Candy oven with grill. I was using the grill at the weekend when the fusebox tripped. I worked out it was the oven. Now if I attempt to turn it on it trips the fusebox straight away. Not sure if there is any quick fix I can try before calling someone out. Thanks in advance.

It was the grill on the oven I was using at the time not the oven. Possibly need a new grill element? Not sure if this is something that would trip the electrics straight away.
Do you use the grill often, or only every now and then, has the RCD tripped before or is this the only time, could be damp has gotten into the element from lack of use, you need a white goods repair outfit to take a look.

Last edited:
Do you use the grill often, or only every now and then, has the RCD tripped before or is this the only time, could be damp has gotten into the element from lack of use, you need a white goods repair outfit to take a look.

First time the RCD has tripped. I don't use the grill that often, maybe once a month if that.

First time the RCD has tripped. I don't use the grill that often, maybe once a month if that.
If it is a damp problem, then switch the oven on, but not the grill, iit is possible that the oven may dry out any damp problems, I say a possibility, could be a busted element, but no harm in trying, only your electric bill.

i'd come and sort it but preston is a (motorway) bridge too far.

send me some toast/

Reply to Oven/grill Tripping Fusebox in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net