Currently reading:
Pat testing

Discuss Pat testing in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So how do you plug a kettle (or anything else) into that extention lead !

Is that lead not specific for class 11 equipment you use in the garden etc?

I think you will find that the COP re PAT state

Where extensions lead is fitted with a standard 3 pin socket outlet it should be tested as per a CLASS 1 appliance!!

Sent from my Redifusion cable outlet (Window sill)

Last edited:
Hi oldtimer, you're right about the interfaces. It's not been used since I moved to my current location 8 years ago. I'm not certain but I may have bought it second hand so the extension lead may well be bodged. I've no plans to use it I've just stored it in the shed 'just in case'.

Tony, yes it came with the flymo, and I agree with the rest of your post.

Hi,

A kettle is a class 1 item; you should be able to get the earth clip onto the element inside the kettle.

An extension lead in the UK should always be class 1 and be treated as such.

Is a kettle class 1 or class 11 , couldnt get continuity reading but cable has cpc in it

AlSo extension seem class 11 but have cpc in them as well ?

So are they class 1 or 11 in your experience

Strange

Hi,

A kettle is a class 1 item; you should be able to get the earth clip onto the element inside the kettle.

An extension lead in the UK should always be class 1 and be treated as such.

Yep but the anomaly is garden equipment with the 2 core leads although the thing for me is checking the lead condition and the fuse rating in my case I added PAT to my services 9 months ago and I have already found 2 damaged hoover leads with the bare conductors being exposed and bedside lights with 13 amp fuses in them which indicates to me that the firms specializing in PAT who did the test before me are plugging in the equipment and pushing a button without doing these checks

IMG-20120914-00392.jpgI thought this may interest you guys - this CD player was connected to the power. It was in use in a wet environment that is accessed by children and adults! The previous PAT tester had done nothing wrong (that was me); someone had clearly dropped this and decided to continue using it. Luckily I came across it whilst I was checking the room.

After I had disconnected it from the supply, I picked it up, look what happened:
North Tyneside-20120914-00393.jpg
Not unexpected I might ad.

Reply to Pat testing in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock