Discuss payment terms in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

leekemp85

I am a new sole trader do any you use payment terms on your quotations
if so please could I have some ideas on what to write. to keep a cash flow coming in

many thanks

To be honest, you can put what you like on your paperwork as they will pay when they feel like it!!!

However, i have 14 days on mine, but i normally let it go up to 30.

Please pay by due date to avoid extra costs

Bank Details: Lloyds TSB
Sort Code:
Account No: 0000
Please advise when paying through BACS by email or post. Thank you.

Nett Total
VAT
Total
THIS INVOICE IS IN POUND STERLING

To be paid by 27/06/09
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...images?q=credit+card+symbols&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G Credit card payment 01234 5678
GOODS REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF YOUR COMPANY UNTIL PAID FOR IN FULL

Is it common to get any payment half way through the job, if it was a extension and you did the first fix but it would be 6 week until second fix stage.

It is a good idea to make it clear to the clint that there will be stage payments.

You can include that on your quote/contract.

my terms clearly state the stagre payments and make mention of how late payments will be dealt with. ie interms of the late payments act interest will be charged on all late payments at a rate of the bank of eng base rate +5%.
Ask BUsiness link for the correct wording.

I find that the people who have a problem with a clause like this are the ones who will not pay promptly and they know it so it is a good indication of ow things will go at the end of the job.

I ask for material to be paid for on delivery to site which is very helpful for cashflow so if there is any other bickering later on at lease my outlays are covered.

All depends on the size of the job....for me, full payment within 15 (client not known) to 30 days (client known to me) if it's a small job. Otherwise, agree up front with the client what is to be paid for and when. Not every job needs to have the same terms.

Whatever the terms, I've always found that talking to the client throughout so that there are no surprises will always get the bill paid.

Reply to payment terms in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net