Discuss Phasing issues - socket outlets in same room of domestic dwelling in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jjnr78

Morning. I'm currently working a challenging large, oak framed building and i have no choice but to install 2 socket outlets on different phases within the same. i know there are old rules of thumb e.g. 2 metres, but wanted to know if someone could quote a regulation? my forum searches havent flagged aything since the 17th ed was launched. I'd like to avoid labelling the proposed Hertigae finished plates with warning stickers.

thanks

So what's the problem of having two socket circuits on different phases in the same room?? All that's really needed here, is a bit of commonsense. We have installations here on lab work benches that have socket circuits over 3 phases, none being more than 30cm between them. I will say however, that phase colours will be used on these socket outlet final circuit wiring...

Last edited by a moderator:
You should also put a sign/label above indicating 400v between the sockets is present.

What is it with you UK electricians, you seem to want to label just about everything in sight. You can't see the plastic covers on most domestic CU's these day's with the amount of sticky labels plastered all over them!!

What is it with you UK electricians, you seem to want to label just about everything in sight. You can't see the plastic covers on most domestic CU's these day's with the amount of sticky labels plastered all over them!!

it's a case of bureaucracy and red tape taking precedence over common sense. this country is overrun with suits at computers who have no useful purpose in life except for making other peoples' lives a misery. if they had more brains they'd be traffic wardens.

Well how do you get the old wylex boards to stay together then?

:lol:

If your talking about the older Wylex 3036 CU's, they were a dammed sight better made than the modern boards of today. ...I wonder how many of these modern CU's will still be in service 60 Years after being installed?? lol!!

it's a case of bureaucracy and red tape taking precedence over common sense. this country is overrun with suits at computers who have no useful purpose in life except for making other peoples' lives a misery. if they had more brains they'd be traffic wardens.

As long as they were red, yellow or blue wardens.... brown, black and grey would blend in to the surroundings too easily.

well...its either that.....or this...lol..

safety_work_water.jpg

Just print your "400 volts exists between..." labels in Olde English font and they will blend in lovelily with the place. Better make it 415 volts to fit with the old-fashioned theme! :D

Reply to Phasing issues - socket outlets in same room of domestic dwelling in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net