Discuss pir's, switches in two separate rooms wired in singles in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Alex2012

Wiring in singles!
working in a commercial building, I have 2 separate rooms and a corridor to wire, the 2 rooms both have light switches and pir's, the same as the corridor. I know how to wire light switches, feed from d/b down to switch, s/l up to pir, then i can wire my lights.
How do i incorporate the 2 light switch so it will not turn off the other lights in the other room?

All lights are wired as emergencies as the drawings keeps changing, also someone on this forum quoted that if you wire in the 4 wire method you can install the pir's at any point you like, most people wire pir's first then to their lights.

I don't do much wiring I prefer metal work.

Thanks

Alex2012

Do they want to be able to turn the lights off by the switch as well? As been on a severn Trent job an they have asked for pir's but also switches to turn them off.

Well if they are asking for em you will want to feed the key switch then obviously out of that to ur switch and then a cable out to ur pir. Are all lights em's?

Ive gota do a similar job soon, wiring lights with two way & intermediate switching, feeding an emergency light, and having to take N & Perm L to every switch fit neons.
I'm gona wire the perm lives, neutral and CPC first, then pull the switch lines & strappers after.
i find that drawing on the walls/boxes/trunking ect helps.
draw a simple schematic, then use that as your guide.

Well if they are asking for em you will want to feed the key switch then obviously out of that to ur switch and then a cable out to ur pir. Are all lights em's?

Hi
Its a dali system *ucked up, I have in my head how feed the other switch, treat it as another pir.

Thanks

Alex2012

Reply to pir's, switches in two separate rooms wired in singles in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net