Search the forum,

Discuss Please HELP!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Maybe I should put a quote in.

I haven’t the foggiest about domestic. I’d probably demolish the house in the process, but I’d guarantee its electrical safety.

Glenn would you sign it off for me?

The thing about domestic work is you kind of need to be a jack of all trades in a way, it's no good knowing how to wire a board up if you don't know how to lift floor boards and the like. People who do a Electrical Trainee course must have a great shock when someone asks them to carry out work.

...hager man myself - apart from the odd bad batches, it's excellent quality gear. I buy and quote for hager unless i know the clients a -----.

If you buy cheap, you buy twice.

:)

I normally stick to mk as I like them, but am happy to try something else, what do you and others recommend? I have heard BG boards aren't bad. What about hager? Like I say I usually just buy mk as have loads of spares and breakers etc.
Another Board thats been going cheep lately is the crabtree I got a 13 way loaded for £65 +vat, The BG boards are good and not too tall either but if you want the room then MK.

For a start i don't think our friend has been through any form of apprenticeship, be it in the industrial or any other sector!! Why would an electrical apprentice want, or need to take a Part Pee building exam, that is a building regulation. The ONLY people that get hoodwinked into taking this numbty exam are those on, ....Yes you've guessed it, 17 day/electrical trainee courses!!!

Let's face it, the rest of his post leaves you in little doubt that this guy has little idea on how to go about a simple CU board change!! Doesn't seem to have any idea about notification requirements either. lol!!

Why would an electrical apprentice want, or need to take a Part Pee building exam, that is a building regulation. The ONLY people that get hoodwinked into taking this numbty exam are those on, ....Yes you've guessed it, 17 day/electrical trainee courses!!!

Very well said.

Take note anyone reading this ^^

You will notice that the person who started this had gone quiet... If this person is for real, it's some what concerning that he has a jib card etc as his website states....

Part p but not in a scheme.... It's the scheme that gives you the part p blooming status FFS, when are people going to realise this! He has only sat an easy exam on building regs to satisfy the scheme.

On another note, I've got a board change early next week and I'm going to move it slightly for ease and have just bought a load of those din rail connectors from wago, I don't usually move a board but this time I feel it's needed, I have to say the din rail connectors seem like such a good idea and a really nice product. I was hoping I'd be able to pick up a dual cd mk board with 10 mcbs for £50 but can't seem to find one... Anyone seem anywhere with them on offer?

I cant remember how many ways but I recall seeing one in electrofix for £56 I think it might have been mk or an mk next to it lol

:edit

that is ex vat price for 10 way mk sentry board

Last edited:

Reply to Please HELP!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net