Discuss Possible to press a button and the lights dim to off? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I'll try anyway.

We're building a room in the back garden that we're going to use as a little home cinema.

We'd like a button next to the sofa that, once pressed, dims the lights to black (taking around 2 seconds to do it), like how it happens at the cinema.

Would this be easy to do?

Search for Anytronic.

We're building a room in the back garden that we're going to use as a little home cinema.

We'd like a button next to the sofa that, once pressed, dims the lights to black (taking around 2 seconds to do it), like how it happens at the cinema.

Who's going to wire it?.....presumably someone qualified to do so who, I'm sure, would be able to sort it out for you.

Pi$$ easy.

1. Fit normal dimmer switch to wall beside door.

2. Dress Your Lass in a Cinema Usherettes uniform - complete with torch

3. Train her to turn the dimmer switch down when video starts.

4. Have her serve ice cream, popcorn and that lovely Kia Ora orange drink during the intermission.

Maybe later on you can have a nice Wurlitzer organ that she can play while you're waiting for the video to start?

Come on man!! ...... If you're going to all the hassle of creating a cinema don't go off half cocked about it!!!!

Pi$$ easy.

1. Fit normal dimmer switch to wall beside door.

2. Dress Your Lass in a Cinema Usherettes uniform - complete with torch

3. Train her to turn the dimmer switch down when video starts.

4. Have her serve ice cream, popcorn and that lovely Kia Ora orange drink during the intermission.

Maybe later on you can have a nice Wurlitzer organ that she can play while you're waiting for the video to start?

Come on man!! ...... If you're going to all the hassle of creating a cinema don't go off half cocked about it!!!!

Then you can watch some Laurel and Hardy with all the trimmings.

Then you can watch some Laurel and Hardy with all the trimmings.

OH YES!!!!!

Brilliant stuff. I was brought up on Laurel & Hardy films. There's a statue of Stan Laurel at North Shields.

I can't help thinking of them when I read some of the posts we're getting on here lately. Such magnificent portrayals of pure pathos. Stan would be proud!!

OH YES!!!!!

Brilliant stuff. I was brought up on Laurel & Hardy films. There's a statue of Stan Laurel at North Shields.

I can't help thinking of them when I read some of the posts we're getting on here lately. Such magnificent portrayals of pure pathos. Stan would be proud!!

A good Cumbrian, was Stan.

Aye, remember playing up there.......I wish they'd have all fallen down like Stan......set of brick s***houses, them buggers.

OH YES!!!!!

'that's another fine mess i've got myself into!':uhoh2:

OH YES!!!!!

Brilliant stuff. I was brought up on Laurel & Hardy films. There's a statue of Stan Laurel at North Shields. I can't help thinking of them when I read some of the posts we're getting on here lately. Such magnificent portrayals of pure pathos. Stan would be proud!!

They were many, many decades ahead of their time. I think my all time favourite moment of comedy genius is when Ollie is ill in hospital and Stan goes to see him and takes him hard boiled eggs and nuts. For no particular reason. Just...hard boiled eggs and nuts. Genius.

"I'm doing the work of two men here. Bad news is, it's Laurel & Hardy." - I love that line!!!!!!!

Reply to Possible to press a button and the lights dim to off? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net