Discuss Power for hydroponic system in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Southsparky

I am looking at an install to provide:
Lighting and power in a shed (couple of freezers, pond pump, pond uv filter)
Power in a lean-to greenhouse which will have a hydroponic system installed in it. Sockets will be ip66 some on ip66 sockets with integral timer
The hydroponic systems are very low wattage pumps, 16w roughly each
The timer sockets will have daylight lighting attached to them
There will also be general lighting in the greenhouse (all weatherproof)

The distance from the main consumer unit to the exterior wall nearest the shed is 20m, the distance from the exterior wall to the shed is about 5m and the same distance again to the greenhouse

There are spare ways on both the rcd and none rcd side of the main consumer unit

The plan is to run twin and earth from the cu to the wall and then armoured cable from the wall box to the shed where a second cu would be installed.

My questions are should 4mm or 6mm twin and earth and swa be used?
The twin and earth will leave the main cu with 4 other twin and earths and then run through under the first floor, the swa will run along a wall and then into the shed.

Should the power to the second cu be from the rcd or none rcd side of the main cu?

How should the second cu be configured? The complexity is that the power to the hydroponic systems is of great importance, interruption to it could mean the loss of all the plants. Obviously there needs to be adequate electrical protection as the pumps are submersed in water but a fault on one pump or the freezer should not affect the other pumps.

Reply to Power for hydroponic system in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net