Discuss Power requirement for new supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Iainp07

DIY
Reaction score
Morning All,

I am looking for advice on what KVA I need to advise UKPN so that can quote for new supply to a greenfield site, the requirements are:

Cabin/Mobile home Normal House is 9KVa, unless otherwise advised

20 Stables, Office, tack room, hay barn and feed room. stable plot size is 75Mtrs x 80mtrs
Will need lighting, in each stable, outside lighting middle and end of each stable run
Office will need power for computers, fridge/freezer, shower/wet room, Alarm
outside lighting around stables/car park, site entrance
would like to use LED for all lighting if possible

We are at quote stage with UK Power Networks, quotes are in for stable build, awaiting full drainage report for work to start.
I will need to engage an electrician prior to the stables being built for quotes for full wiring, so this is a credible request so I get the correct power to site before stables are built for home and stables in the Newmarket area, but haven't got trainer/racing money!

All assistance welcome please

Thanks
Iain

As Lister says ^^^

There are quite a lot of requirements and the loadings of each area need to be determined. A 3phase supply to be split across the areas would be the most suitable. Is it a brand new supply with a new local transformer? The design load per phase will be required to determine the size and supply demand etc...

1. Engage a competent electrician to produce a design first (welcome to ask for recommendations on here);
2. There's nothing in your post that suggests a high load at all - a standard 100A (20kva) single phase supply may well suffice;
3. NB - what I've just described in 2 above may well be offered as a lower number by UKPN, they're able to work to a different set of regs and standards.

Reply to Power requirement for new supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net