Discuss Power shower help please? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

benunited

Hi folks

Amateur here. Generally okay with basic electrics but a bit stumped with this one.

Today I tried to install a power shower. It's an aqualisa shower with the pump built in.

I was replacing a previous shower, which turned on/off via a pull chord, and replicated the wiring.

Strange thing is no matter whether the 'box' the chord goes to says 'on' or 'off' the light on the box stays on. Don't think it did that before!

Also, the shower isn't very powerful - and I'm trying to work out if the pump is working or not.

When the box says 'on' the pump is semi-powerful - and when I turn the water off it makes a noise, a pumping noise.

When the box says 'off' the pump us also semi-powerful - and when I turn the water off there's no noise, nothing happening.

Either way,when the water is turned on there isn't any noise - now I know the pump is supposed to be quiet, but silent?

Any advice very much appreciated! Thanks

Read more: Power shower help please? - DIYnot.com - DIY and Home Improvement

No offence taken! Was following a general rule an electrician taught me to replicate wiring in situations like this.

Any chance you could expand on what you were saying? Thanks!

right then.....the neon is wired into the outgoing side on the pullswitch......that way when the switch is opened...the neon goes off.....but if you wire it as sounds like here....that is to say that the incoming supply to the switch is in the outgoing terminals.....the neon will remain on...even if the switch is open (off)....

yep......by the way....whats earthing arrangements here ?....this is a "special location"...and as such you need additional protection (RCD).....earthing and bonding to be verefied and upgraded first BEFORE ANY WORK IS CARRIED OUT.....

Thanks - again no offence taken!

I do try and learn wherever I can though. Was taught from a young age that no question is stupid if you don't know the answer. Ask once and learn. Draw the line at gas and major electrics but have learned a hell of a lot about plumbing, joinery, building etc by asking, learning and doing.

Thanks - again no offence taken!

I do try and learn wherever I can though. Was taught from a young age that no question is stupid if you don't know the answer. Ask once and learn. Draw the line at gas and major electrics but have learned a hell of a lot about plumbing, joinery, building etc by asking, learning and doing.
your wireing in a shower mate....thats notifyable....and if not done correctly...well what can you say.......

my m8s da fried him when he was cub with a shower installation... blueberry blue he was

is there ads on this pump circuit/shoer circuit, thal confuse him... ,ight?

Shower isolator switch usually will have markings to show supply in & supply out. Turn off the mains, use a voltage tester to see if the ciruit is completely dead and sort out the isolator switch connection first before going ahead. Best of luck.

Shower isolator switch usually will have markings to show supply in & supply out. Turn off the mains, use a voltage tester to see if the ciruit is completely dead and sort out the isolator switch connection first before going ahead. Best of luck.
i think an electrician is required here goody with all due respect i would not like to think of someone poking around with a "neon"....or something like that....

Reply to Power shower help please? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net