Discuss Principles of electrical science in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

funstur

Can any body please confirm the formula for calculating the answer to this question. Many thanks

A conductor 300 mm long is placed in and at right angles to a magnetic field with a magnetic flux density of 0.3 tesla. What is the force on the conductor if a current of 36 A is passed through it?

f=mxa

B=Φ/a Φ=Bxa

.09=.3x.3 x 36(I) = 3.25N

and why the hell would you expect electricians to know that crap ?

wire goes in , wire goes out , thats our game.

shove yer fancy pants physics.

;-)

Nope just formulas :)

Force in Neutons = Magnetic flux density in Tesla x Current in Amps x Length in meters (F=BIL)

therefore

Force = 0.3 x 36 x 0.3

Force = 3.24 Neutons

i remember neutons. they're from the planet neut in the 3rd system of the prot galaxy. not very nice race to do business with since the romulans conned them out of 5 trillion zogs.

Reply to Principles of electrical science in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I intend to build an electric kiln for pottery, clay ( and other materials ) sculptures. The internal dimensions would be 40cm(height) x...
Replies
Views
M
My name is Maciej Marosz I'm Inentor and Engineer (Poland 34 yo ) I'm looking contacts with people who are able test and prepare to production...
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G
L
When the emf in a conductor 0.15m long moving at right angles through a magnetic field, at a velocity of 2 m/s is 0.5 V, the magnetic flux density...
Replies
Views
S
A brief history of electricity · 600 BCE: Greek philosopher Thales of Miletus (c.624–546 BCE) discovered static electricity. ·...
Replies
Views
sxsparky
S
W
Hi I need help working this cal. Please can you confirm the answer and how it's worked out? Question A conductor 500mm long is placed in at...
Replies
Views
dichroic
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock