Discuss Proof of ID may be needed for NHS care. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

So you move to a new area of the country, and need to register with a local GP, so you can obtain repeat medication.
If you have neither a Passport or driving licence, what do you do?

Everyone should have a passport if this goes ahead. (or some form of ID that they will use)

Everyone should have a passport if this goes ahead. (or some form of ID that they will use)

The article in the OP says that this is already in action in some trusts. Clearly the consideration for people who may not have ID is absent in these areas.

The article in the OP says that this is already in action in some trusts. Clearly the consideration for people who may not have ID is absent in these areas.

I've read a bit where is states "...currently running a pilot scheme to test...". This to me says they are testing out ideas and seeing what is best.

I've read a bit where is states "...currently running a pilot scheme to test...". This to me says they are testing out ideas and seeing what is best.

That is a link to an article about an individual hospital running a pilot scheme. Below that it says,
"There are individual trusts like Peterborough who are doing that, who are reporting that it makes a big difference and there you are saying, 'Please come with two forms of identity, your passport and your address,' and they use that to check whether people are eligible or not."

Reply to Proof of ID may be needed for NHS care. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

im not sure where to post this.. and I need help [ I posted here because i guess Heating systems may need a hole this big , and this is the only...
Replies
Views
We have had builders in, who have stopped for Xmas. My daughter tried to do a wash. The wash machine wouldnt. Its power socket is dead. I...
Replies
Views
So far I have never had to deal with a new supply but a possible site we are looking at will need some major changes and so I wondered if folks...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I am wondering about becoming an electrician of some form or another and thought to come to an...
Replies
Views
Good Morning All I would like to give a really big thanks to this forum and especially to Marconi who has over the past weeks and months been a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock